I know Twitter isn’t for everyone, but I think we all owe it to ourselves to at least see what people are saying in this vehicle as it is really a powerful platform which many industry leaders, visionaries, and highly intellectual people go to for their most personal, unabridged, and raw thoughts.
That being said, I would like to offer a couple great follows on Twitter:
- Tim Ferris: the man behind the 40 hour workweek and all things productivity-centric
- Richard Branson: the CEO of Virgin Air and a true visionary in technology and society
- Mark Suster: a technology entrepreneur-turned-venture capital guru who has authored a very popular blog Both Sides of the Table
- Cindy Ratzlaff: a marketing expert with great insights on creating buzz for your brand (perhaps I should heed her advice more?)
- Jason Fried: Co-Founder of 37 Signals (a Small Business software) and author of one of my favorite books: Rework, for which I, sadly, don’t get commissions upon referrals 🙂
- Sheryl Sandberg: Facebook COO and visionary for the advancement of women in the professional environment
- Malcolm Gladwell: best-selling author of several of my other favorite books including The Tipping Point, Outliers, Blink, and his newest – David and Goliath among other professional accomplishments (and, lesser known fact, he’s a big sports enthusiast)
- Mark Cuban: a professional idol and consummate businessman/entrepreneur (and owner of a sports franchise, the Dallas Mavericks, another profession on my to-do list)
- Steven Colbert: talk show host and all-around funny guy; hey, we need someone to add humor to life events every once in a while right?
Anybody you follow that’s worth paying attention to? Drop me a line, would love to hear!
Til Next Time,
Michael (clearly I am more of a follower than a poster on Twitter, unless pushed 4square checkins count!)